Scholarships and Assistantships for Georgia Tech-Lorraine Students
The Hope Scholarship Applicable to all Georgia Tech-Lorraine undergraduate programs
The Georgia Tech-Lorraine Travel Scholarship One EURAIL Global pass, 3 month unlimited per semester ($1,300 value) - Deadline and Application Information provided by Catherine Bass during the first mandatory orientation of each program
Bill Sayle Scholarship Two $1000 scholarships given per semester (summer excluded) in honor of Professor Bill Sayle who served as the director of Undergraduate Programs for Georgia Tech-Lorraine from 2003 to 2007, when he passed away from pancreatic cancer. Dr. Sayle was a champion and advocate for students throughout his career. This scholarship is intended to support motivated students with financial needs.
- Enrollment in an engineering program at Georgia Tech
- Participation in the Spring or Fall undergraduate programs at Georgia Tech-Lorraine
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Financial need
- Completion of Bill Sayle Scholarship Application
Application Deadlines Fall: Mid June Spring: Mid October
Armanios Family Georgia Tech-Lorraine Study Abroad Scholarship One $500 scholarship per semester is offered by the Armanios/Philobos family to support Georgia Tech-Lorraine’s study abroad program. These scholarships are designated for female engineering students. Dr. Armanios is a former member of the Aerospace Engineering faculty at Georgia Tech, and Dr. Philobos, affectionately known as “Mimi” is the architect of Georgia Tech’s Women in Engineering program. Both are now at the University of Texas, Arlington. Dr. Armanios is the Chair of the School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering and Dr. Philobos is Assistant Dean to the College of Engineering
- Female engineering student at Georgia Tech
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.15 (Honors)- indicative of academic motivation
- US citizenship
- Completion of Armanios Scholarship Application
Application Deadlines - Fall Semester: Mid-June, Spring Semester: Mid October
The Coca-Cola Foundation Mobility Grants for First Generations Students. First Generation college students can receive up to $5000 for overseas experiences. For more information, see http://www.inta.gatech.edu/mission/news-and-events/news/coca-cola-founda... - Applications are due January 20, March 20 and November 20 of each year.
Requirements for Qualifying Students:
• First Generation College Student as reflected by the student’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form on file or updating an incomplete
FAFSA form through Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
• 2.5 GPA and full time Student status.
• Demonstrated financial need as determined by Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
• US Citizen or Legal Resident
The Office of International Education (OIE) Scholarships for Study Abroad - Application deadline: October 15
Resident Assistant (RA) Job Description
Resident Assistants (RAs) are integral to the operation of the French residence halls. They will be committed to the well-being of Georgia Tech Lorraine students and to the success of the Georgia Tech Lorraine study abroad program.
Georgia Tech Lorraine is a Georgia Institute of Technology campus and established Georgia Tech policies for Resident Assistants and other students are exercised.
Application deadlines: Selection notification:
Spring Semester: September 15th ==> October 15th
Fall Semester: May 15th ==> June 15th
Summer Semester: February 15th ==> March 15th
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Previous RA experience, or comparable work experience,preferred though not requireP
- Leadership ability
- Discretion when dealing with the personal problems of other students
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Knowledge and willingness to enforce Georgia Tech policies
- Some ability to speak French (desirable but not required)
- Report to the Georgia Tech-Lorraine Residence Program Coordinator
- Participate in dorm orientations at the beginning of the semester
- Provide student support in the residence (ie. provide dorm information, school information, answer questions on the Georgia Tech-Lorraine Facebook page when on duty, report problems in the residence, provide conflict resolution among students, if necessary, deal with and report disciplinary problems, when necessary, etc.)
- Act as liaison between students and Georgia Tech-Lorraine Resident Program Coordinator and/or between students and Residence Director
- When on duty, make duty rounds throughout the buildings 2 times/night at 8pm and at 12pm.
For Fall and Spring semesters: RAs are on duty Monday – Thursday
For Summer semester: RAs are on duty Monday – Thursday or Tuesday –
Thursday, depending on class schedules
As a general rule, RAs have duty on any day that Georgia Tech-Lorraine has undergraduate classes.
RAs on duty must always keep the duty phone on their person and respond promptly when called (unless in class)
There is no weekend duty (Friday, Saturday or Sunday)
- Fill out online duty round reports within 30 minutes after the completion of each round
- Participate in bi-weekly staff meetings
- Provide additional support to the Residence Program Coordinator as requested
- Time commitment averages 8-10 hours per week.
Please note that students selected to be RAs will get assigned to a dorm, based on the staffing needs at Georgia Tech-Lorraine and on their specific level of experience. Dorm preferences will be taken into consideration, however, and accommodated if possible.
The compensation for RA is the entire housing cost for the semester for the specific dorm to which the RA is assigned
The entire rent will be deducted from the Program Fees, which are due at the beginning of the semester. Please contact Catherine Bass for the exact rent amount, as this amount changes each semester.
RA Selection Process :
Please fill out the following application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oRLC-Ihlpv0yBn0I5C82anfpEaIYSxPxbyBRhSdiGug/viewform
Upon completion of the online application, each candidate will be contacted by the Georgia Tech-Lorraine Resident Program Coordinator, Ms Karen Pierce, for an interview via SKYPE
For any additional information, please contact Karen Pierce: email@example.com
- Georgia Tech
- About Georgia Tech-Lorraine
- Faculty and Staff Directory
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Corporate Relations
- Internships & Job Offers
- Contact Us