- You are here:
- GT Home
* Minimum GPA requirement: 2.5 for GT students and 3.0 for Transient students. Students falling on academic probation, right before departure, will no longer be eligible to go to Georgia Tech-Lorraine. (Please review our cancellation policy)
* A clean disciplinary record
Before applying, please read and make sure you understand our cancellation policy.
Apply as early as the second semester of your studies at Tech. (Note: Fall transfers can apply for Spring; Spring transfers can apply for Summer or Fall semester)
Eligible to apply for the Summer Program and will be accepted conditionally until you have a GPA on record from your first semester on campus. In January, your acceptance will either be confirmed, or retracted if your Fall GPA is below 2.5.
Undergraduate students from other universities must be US citizens or US Permanent Residents (Green Card holders) to apply to Georgia Tech-Lorraine. Students from other universities on other types of US visas are NOT permitted to apply. 3.0 GPA required.
GEORGIA TECH UNDERGRADUATES
|OIE Application Opens||Application Deadline|
|Spring 2020||15-May-19||15-Oct-19 - (deadline extended from 10/1 to 10/15!)|
|Summer 2020||20-Aug-19||31-Dec-19 (Apply early or you may be wait-listed)|
When can I apply?
Each program will be closed as soon as it reaches its maximum capacity. Spring and Fall programs close by the set deadlines due to time constraints dictated by the visa application process. Applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis during the application window, first-come, first-served for these two semesters. It usually takes several weeks before you will hear if you are accepted.
Applications for all semester are reviewed on a rolling basis until applications close. It usually takes several weeks once we start reviewing applications until you receive an acceptance.
The Summer program always sells out, so be sure to apply early so as not to be wait-listed. If you do get waitlisted, know that you are likely to get in, but you may need to wait until later in the Spring before a spot opens up.
And remember, your application fee is non-refundable once you have been accepted to the program. Make sure you understand our cancellation policy before applying! Please plan in advance for all semesters.
- Spring 2020 term: May 15, 2019 to October 15, 2019 (note: deadline was extended from 10/1 to 10/15! Apply today!)
- Summer 2020 term: August 20, 2019 to December 31, 2019 (program will be wait-listed before the deadline! Apply today!)
- Fall 2020 term: August 20, 2019 to March 1, 2020
How do I apply?
Step 1: Complete the application to Georgia Tech-Lorraine
APPLICATION TO STUDY AT GTL through the Office of International Education (OIE) (See above table for when this application will open for your desired semester)
Step 2: Pay the $500 application fee
- Pay the $500 application fee through the Online Deposit Payment System.
NOTE: Application order is based on the date the online program application and deposit are completed. Please note that if you have started an application, but have not yet paid the $500 application, your application is incomplete and will not be reviewed.
Also note that the $500 application fees are processed once per week. If you have paid the fee by the deadline, but it has not yet been processed, please do not worry! So long as you pay the fee before the deadline, you will be fine.
*Please note that this fee is non-refundable once acceptance to GTL is confirmed. Once accepted, you may defer your fee to the next semester only, but you will not get the money back. Please make sure you read and understand our cancellation policy.
When can I apply?
For the quickest access to application dates and information on programs filling, please follow us on Facebook or Twitter. Key applications dates and deadlines will always be shared on our social media accounts.
- Spring 2020 term: May 15, 2019 to October 8, 2019 (Application deadline has been extended to 10/15! All supporting documents are still due by October 15, so hurry!)
- Summer 2020 term: August 20, 2019 to December 31, 2019 (All supporting documents due by January 15)
- Fall 2020 term: August 20, 2019 to March 1, 2020 (All supporting documents due by March 15)
Note: Each program will close as soon as the maximum capacity has been reached.
Spring and Fall Programs must close by the set deadlines due to time constraints regarding the visa application process. Please plan in advance for both Spring and Fall semesters!
How do I apply?
Transient students must complete TWO SEPARATE APPLICATIONS: one for admission to Georgia Tech-Lorraine, and one for temporary admission to Georgia Tech. You will need to complete each application separately, as each requires different documents. See above table for deadlines of each application.
Step 1: Application to Georgia Tech-Lorraine
APPLICATION #1: APPLICATION TO STUDY AT GTL through the Office of International Education (OIE) (See above table for when this application will open for your desired semester)
- Read through the OIE Transient Student Application Packet carefully, making sure you follow all instructions.
- Submit the GT Study Abroad Online Application through atlas.gatech.edu. This will require creating a new username and password that is different from your GT Admissions login credentials.
- Ensure that all documents needed by OIE have been sent. If you are unsure if your documents have been received by OIE, please contact Jesse Ferreira at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay the GTL Application fee of $500 through the Online Payment System. Please do not worry if the $500 is not processed right away. So long as you apply and pay the fee by the deadline, you will be fine!
- NOTE: Application order is based on the date the OIE online application and deposit are completed. This allows transient students to complete this GTL program application in time to "reserve" a spot in the program, and they can fill out the Georgia Tech Admissions applications after applying to the program. Students can just type their name in the GTID section of the deposit payment portal since they will not yet have been assigned a GTID.
*Please note that this fee is non-refundable once acceptance to GTL is confirmed. Once accepted, you may defer your fee to the next semester, but may not get the money back. Please make sure you read and understand our cancellation policy.
Step 2: Temporary Admission to Georgia Tech
APPLICATION #2: GEORGIA TECH APPLICATION (See above table for when this application will open for your desired semester)
1. Submit the following forms to ADMISSIONS:
a. Study Abroad Permission Form (Found on the last page of the OIE Transient Student Application Packet - this must be submitted with signature of the home institution’s registrar and the institution’s official seal).
Upload via Admissions Portal (which will be set up when you begin your application process).
b. Lawful Presence Documentation must be submitted online to Admissions to prove that you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder). Submit a copy of ONE of the following documents:
A current U.S. Passport
A current ID issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008
A U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS form N-550 or N-570)
A U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (USCIS form N-560 or N-561)
A certified copy of your birth certificate (submit as a hard copy – see Office of Undergraduate Admission address below)
A current, valid U.S. Permanent Resident Card (USCIS form I-151 or I-551)
NOTE: If you are neither a U.S. citizen nor U.S. permanent resident, then you are not eligible to study abroad through Georgia Tech.
c. Official college transcript(s) from all colleges that you have attended (minimum GPA required for GTL is 3.0).
Must be sent via Registrar using an approved service, such as eScripts, Docufide, etc. (details in packet) or as a hard copy (SEALED envelope) addressed to:
Office of Undergraduate Admission
Georgia Institute of Technology
219 Uncle Heinie Way
Atlanta, GA 30332-0320
2. Submit a $75 application fee for temporary admission to Georgia Tech. You will be prompted to create an account to make this payment.
Forms to be submitted to GEORGIA TECH-LORRAINE:
Must be submitted in a SEALED envelope from your university addressed to -
ATTN: Jesse Ferreira
Georgia Institute of Technology
Office of International Education
631 Cherry Street, Savant Building, Suite 208B
Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0284 USA
IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OLD WHEN APPLYING, you must also submit the signature form on the Online Study Abroad Application through Atlas. You must be at least 18 years old by the time that you will attend GTL.