Georgia Tech-Lorraine: Covid-19 Exposure and Health Alerts
Notifications of confirmed cases of Covid-19 at Georgia Tech-Lorraine will be reported on this webpage as new cases are reported to campus administration. A confirmed case is defined as a person who has tested positive for the 2019 novel coronavirus. The page includes positive results from multiple sources. Cases are not added until patients are contacted and informed.
Details of each case are provided by the individuals themselves; that information is then reported following HIPAA and public health guidelines. The reporting structure follows the format adopted by the Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH). Report a Positive Covid-19 Test at Georgia Tech-Lorraine.
While we understand the concerns and fear around Covid-19, it is important to continue to practice appropriate preventative strategies recommended by the CDC as well as any specific strategies mandated by the administration of Georgia Tech-Lorraine.
In addition to following protocols for Covid-19 reporting as established by Georgia Tech in Atlanta, the Lorraine campus follows all guidelines and protocols mandated by the Ministry of Health in France.
Georgia Tech-Lorraine administration is in daily contact with the Atlanta campus regarding Covid-19 reporting. Any updates are posted daily.
updated January 10, 2022 (updated as new cases are reported)
GTL Covid-19 News
Q: I am scheduled to work/study/travel abroad as part of a Georgia Tech program. Will I have access to the vaccine through Georgia Tech before I travel?
A: Yes. All students are eligible to receive the vaccine at Georgia Tech before departure. For details on Covid-19 Vaccines at Georgia Tech, please click here.
Q: Does Georgia Tech provide Covid-19 testing for those who will study abroad as a part of a Georgia Tech program?
A: Yes, more information can be found here.
Additional details and updates, including all definitions, eligibility, and notification plans can be found on the Tech Moving Forward site.
• All USG students and faculty are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated.
• USG institutions may not require a vaccine to participate in a study abroad program; however, students are strongly encouraged to assess how being unvaccinated will affect their study abroad experience.
• If a third party, including a country or a host institution, requires a vaccine, students are responsible for complying in order to participate.
• All students, regardless of vaccination status, must be aware that their time out of country may be negatively affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, which may include possible quarantine, isolation, testing, and cancelled experiences/activities.
• Where there are different expectations/requirements for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals in a country or the host institution, students must comply with those expectations/requirements.
• A country or host institution may change their requirements before or during a study abroad program and the program may be impacted by any country or host institution requirements.
• There is a risk to studying abroad during the Covid-19 pandemic that may include a variety of changes to the program. Participants should be prepared for a rapidly changing environment that may necessitate program changes.
• Study abroad programs are encouraged to communicate factual updates to students, including changes to country and host institution requirements, to help students to make informed decisions.
• Students who are unvaccinated will not receive an accommodation if they are unable to complete portions of the course due to being unvaccinated. This may affect their experience and evaluation of their academic participation.
Details on Covid-19 Testing in Metz
As of July 7, PCR testing is no longer free for visiting students. Free PCR testing for French citizens will remain in place until September 1. Students should bring their ISIC card and passport with them when being tested. Detailed information regarding local testing sites and hours will be communicated directly to students once they are at Georgia Tech-Lorraine. This information will not be posted on this public page.
- Please monitor this page for additional Covid-19 news as it becomes available.
Follow the links below for COVID-19 updates from Georgia Tech in Atlanta