Plan ahead to work Georgia Tech-Lorraine into your schedule, taking the courses you need to complete your degree.
- Fall and Spring: 12 semester hours minimum (15 hours maximum)
- Summer: 10 semester hours minimum (13 hours maximum)
Please contact Catherine Bass if you would like permission to take additional hours.
- You are not required to take French courses, although we highly recommend that you do so.
- Take a variety of courses, from core courses, to your major, to electives.
- In the Fall and Spring, you can do Undergraduate Research.
- Check out the International Affairs (INTA), and History, Technology, and Society (HTS) courses offered at Georgia Tech-Lorraine.
- If you would like to improve your French, check out the French - Sciences - Sustainability: French Immersion Program at Georgia Tech-Lorraine.
Fall, Spring, or Summer - any semester is the best semester to attend Georgia Tech-Lorraine!
Please note that classes with fewer than 8 students enrolled may be canceled.
Georgia Tech-Lorraine is not just for engineers - all majors are encouraged to attend.
SERVE - Interact with the locals in Metz, France through service-learning projects that encourage true French language immersion and community action. Engage in projects that make a difference.
LEARN - Start with two core courses – one classroom-based and one community-based, then personalize the experience with your choice of two targeted electives to round out the curriculum while immersed in French language and culture.
SUSTAIN - Focus on the region’s sustainability efforts including the fight against climate change, the preservation of the region’s biodiversity and natural resources, and improving the quality of life for the city’s inhabitants.
This program is offered in the Fall -- Get ready to signup for Fall 2020!
Improve your fluency in French and learn more about sustainability, while living in one of France's most progressive "smart cities." Study French, STEM, Business, and Social Sciences at Georgia Tech-Lorraine in historic Metz, France.
- Engage in service-learning projects in the local community in French
- French-language guided regional visits and excursions
For more information visit the SLS-France Program - SLS at Georgia Tech-Lorraine
You may also contact the professors with any additional questions:
Georgia Tech-Lorraine is a great option for students who wish to do a joint BS/MS program.
The joint BS/MS Program is a five-year program that features a seamless transition between the bachelors and masters degree programs. The last two years of this program can be done at Georgia Tech-Lorraine. Careful course planning can also lead to the award of a graduate degree from a French partner school.
Did you know you can do undergraduate research at Georgia Tech-Lorraine in the Fall and Spring? Check it out on the course listings.
Take from one to three hours of course credit as research. Please contact Bertrand Boussert for information on the opportunities.
The International Plan is a challenging and comprehensive academic program for Georgia Tech undergraduates that develops global competence within the context of a student’s major.
There are several courses that qualify not only toward Language Requirements, but also the Globally-Focused Coursework. Cross-reference the Georgia Tech-Lorraine course offerings with the International Plan class requirements.
Here's who you need to contact if you have any questions about academics at GTL.
For questions on academics and class schedules for undergraduates, please contact Catherine Bass, in the Georgia Tech-Lorraine Atlanta office.
For questions on visa and insurance, please contact Maleia Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.