Studying at Georgia Tech-Lorraine is a great value! Before signing up for the Georgia Tech-Lorraine program, please review the program costs, and read and make sure you understand our Cancellation Policy, linked at the bottom of this page.
IMPORTANT: Please note that Georgia Tech-Lorraine is a campus abroad program and not a study abroad program. As such, our tuition and fee structure is different from Georgia Tech's study abroad programs due to the increased resources needed to operate our own program and campus. Please read the information below and make sure you understand the costs. In-state and out-of-state students DO NOT pay the same tuition. Our tuition structure is changing, effective Fall 2020, as noted below. Link to PROGRAM COSTS.
Application Fee: $500 fee payable at the time you apply. This fee is non-refundable once you are accepted into the program. No exceptions.
Tuition: Tuition is set by the The Board of Regents of the State of Georgia (BOR). Currently, In-state students pay in-state tuition; out-of-state and international students pay a higher rate of tuition, as noted in the "Program Costs" section below (please click on the semester you are interested in once following the link). The BOR typically sets tuition each April for the upcoming academic year that begins in the Fall.
Please note that a new tuition structure is in place effective Fall 2020, with an increase in tuition for out-of-state/international students. In-state/resident students will continue to pay in-state/resident tuition at GTL.
Program Fees: Includes housing costs and the Georgia Tech-Lorraine Fees (i.e Medical Insurance, student ISIC card, Administrative Fees).
Please click on the button below, entitled "Program Costs," where you will find all tuition and program fees listed for each semester.
Additional Costs (i.e., costs in addition to tuition and program fees)
- Airfare: approximately $1,500 (highly variable depending on the time of year) - Please do not buy your airfare until instructed to do so on the student's closed Facebook group.
- Eurail Pass: Between $700-1,300 (prices vary; you will learn more about this after you are accepted into the program)
- Passport: $145.00 application and processing fee (US Government). Expedited service: An additional $60
- Visa and Campus France Fees
- Spring/Fall: approximately $375 (ALL non-E.U. citizen students will need a visa)
- Summer: Some international students will need a visa and will be contacted by GTL staff in Atlanta. (For Summer 2021, all students will need a visa)
- Summer students: US students do not need a visa for stays under 90 days, international students may or may not need a visa (check with Ms.Bass). The Schengen visa required for some non-US citizens will be free (subject to change).
- Meals & Personal Travel: Students should plan on budgeting at least $200 per week for their meals and weekend travels.
- Books & Supplies: approximately $500 (highly variable depending on the course load)
- Note on Meals: There is no meal plan at Georgia Tech-Lorraine in the Spring and Fall. Students will have access to low-cost meals through a French student dining hall. Summer students will have lunch provided on class days only.
Before applying to the Georgia Tech-Lorraine program, please make sure that you have read and understand our cancellation policy, linked below. There will be no exceptions made to this policy.