Here are the things you need to do after you are accepted to the program, along with some tips as you begin to plan your journey.
- Once you receive an acceptance email from OIE (Office of International Education), you will know that you have officially been accepted to the program.
- Apply for a passport as soon as possible if you do not already have one! Here's a link with information on applying for a U.S. Passport.
- If you have a passport, check it to make sure the passport is valid until 3 months AFTER you will be coming home from France. If you do not have the extra 3 months of validity on your passport, please apply for a renewal right away!
- Join and monitor the closed Facebook group regularly for your semester for next steps.
- Complete any surveys that are posted on the Facebook Group. For example, we will be asking if you would like your parents or family members to be added to a special "Parents" Facebook group.
- Attend the mandatory visa session you will be invited to. (Note: for the Summer semester, students holding a U.S. passport will not need a visa. Some international students may need a visa. If you have questions on this, please contact Maleia Lewis. Be sure to bring a copy of your passport with you, or proof that you have applied for a passport.
- Note that all students who arrive at GTL without a visa in the Spring or Fall will face serious consequences, namely being sent home before the semester is over. In the Summer, only some international students will need visas, and the same consequences will apply if they neglect to obtain one. It is the student's responsibility to attend the mandatory visa session and apply for a visa if required.
- Attend all other mandatory GTL and OIE orientations.
- Come to the GTL office if you need to break your on-campus housing contract. We will provide a form so that you can break your contract without penalty.
- Pickup a GTL t-shirt from the GTL office. If you are a transient student, you will pick up your t-shirt once you get to GTL.
- Prepare to have the best semester ever!
- Do not buy your plane ticket until you have been instructed to do so; there are very specific arrival dates and times, especially for those students who wish to take a GTL shuttle from select airports to the dorms.
- Share any great deals you find on flights to the Facebook group!
- There are several ways to lower the costs of your GTL semester.
- Visit our page on living in Metz and life at Georgia Tech-Lorraine.
- Attend and pay attention during the mandatory visa and orientation meetings; you will be receiving important information.
Here's who to contact if you have any questions about studying at Georgia Tech-Lorraine.
Once you have been accepted, you will be invited to a mandatory visa orientation session by Maleia Lewis, who is in the Georgia Tech-Lorraine office. You are welcome to contact Ms. Lewis with any passport or visa questions.
For questions on academics and class schedules for undergraduates, and if you need to cancel your participation in the program, please contact Catherine Bass, in the Georgia Tech-Lorraine office.
When you are in Metz
For questions on housing or residence life, contact Karen Pierce.
For questions on student life and activities, contact Katia Menard-Pons.