Here are the things you need to do after you are accepted to the program, along with some tips as you begin to plan your journey.
- Once you receive an acceptance email from Catherine Bass, you will know that you have officially been accepted to the program.
- You MUST have a valid passport in hand at the time you apply! Here's a link with information on applying for a U.S. Passport.
- If you have a passport, check it to make sure the passport is valid until 3 months AFTER you will be coming home from France. If you do not have the extra 3 months of validity on your passport, at the time you have applied, you will not be eligible to travel to GTL! Plan ahead - it can take four months to renew your U.S. passport.
- Join and monitor the closed Facebook group regularly for your semester for next steps. If you do not join this group when requested and reminded, you may be dropped from the program.
- If you would like your parents or family members to be added to a special "Parents" Facebook group, please email this request to Catherine Bass.
- Attend the mandatory visa session you may be invited to. If you have questions on visas, please contact Catherine Bass.
- Attend all other mandatory GTL and OIE orientations.
- If you need to break your on-campus housing contract, please contact the Housing office and let them know you will be at Georgia Tech-Lorraine. You will be able to break your contract without penalty.
- Pickup a GTL t-shirt from the GTL office. If you are a transient student, you will pick up your t-shirt once you get to GTL.
- Prepare to have the best semester ever!
- Do not buy your plane ticket until you have been instructed to do so; there are very specific arrival dates and times, especially for those students who wish to take a GTL shuttle from select airports to the dorms.
- Share any great deals you find on flights to the Facebook group!
- There are several ways to lower the costs of your GTL semester.
- Visit our page on living in Metz and life at Georgia Tech-Lorraine.
- Respond to emails and surveys promptly or you may be dropped from the program. (We will send you a reminder/warning email before you are dropped from the program, so please respond in a timely manner to all requests.)
- Attend and pay attention during the mandatory visa and orientation meetings; you will be receiving important information.
Here's who to contact if you have any questions after being accepted to Georgia Tech-Lorraine.
Once you have been accepted, you will be invited to a mandatory visa orientation session by Catherine Bass, in the Georgia Tech-Lorraine office in Atlanta. You are welcome to contact Ms. Bass with any passport or visa questions.
For questions on academics and class schedules for undergraduates, and if you need to cancel your participation in the program, please contact Catherine Bass, in the Georgia Tech-Lorraine office.
When you are in Metz
For questions on student life and activities, contact Katia Menard-Pons.