- You are here:
- GT Home
Here are the things you need to do after you are accepted to the program, along with some tips as you begin to plan your journey.
- Once you receive an acceptance email from OIE (Office of International Education), you will know that you have officially been accepted to the program.
- Apply for a passport as soon as possible if you do not already have one! Here's a link with information on applying for a U.S. Passport.
- If you have a passport, check it to make sure the passport is valid until 3 months AFTER you will be coming home from France. If you do not have the extra 3 months of validity on your passport, please apply for a renewal right away!
- Join and monitor the closed Facebook group regularly for your semester for next steps.
- Complete any surveys that are posted on the Facebook Group. For example, we will be asking if you would like your parents or family members to be added to a special "Parents" Facebook group.
- Attend the mandatory visa session you will be invited to. Be sure to bring a copy of your passport with you, or proof that you have applied for a passport.
- Attend all other mandatory GTL and OIE orientations.
- Come to the GTL office if you need to break your on-campus housing contract. We will provide a form so that you can break your contract without penalty.
- Pickup a GTL t-shirt from the GTL office. If you are a transient student
- Prepare to have the best semester ever!
- Do not buy your plane ticket until you have been instructed to do; there are very specific dates and arrival times.
- Share any great deals you find on flights to the Facebook group!
- There are several ways to lower the costs of your GTL semester.
- Visit our page on living in Metz and life at Georgia Tech-Lorraine.
Check the GTL blog, "To GT-Lorraine...and Beyond" for travel ideas and tips.
Here's who to contact if you have any questions about studying at Georgia Tech-Lorraine.
Once you have been accepted, you will be invited to a mandatory visa orientation session by Maleia Lewis, who is in the Georgia Tech-Lorraine office. You are welcome to contact Ms. Lewis with any passport or visa questions.
For questions on academics and class schedules for undergraduates, and if you need to cancel your participation in the program, please contact Catherine Bass, in the Georgia Tech-Lorraine office.
When you are in Metz
For questions on housing or residence life, contact Karen Pierce.
For questions on student life and activities, contact Katia Menard-Pons.